CENTER FOR EDUCATION
- We organize community seminars and workshops concerning sustainable agriculture, family planning, HIV awareness, nutrition and hygiene etc.
- We run the microcredit scheme to encourage community members to make individual investments, start small businesses and manage their savings.
- The center serves as a place where children can come to study and do their homework.
- We develop open-source library.
- We unite and strengthen community of female farmers through open educational seminars, feedback sessions, interactive lectures and team-building activities.
- Everybody is welcomed to learn about organic farming methods and get involved in community activities.
- We prefer to plant and save the seeds of local vegetable like sucha, murere, saka and kunde that are resistant to pests, rich for nutrients and profitable.
- We use double digging beds to improve water holding capacity, prevent soil erosion, keep soil nutrients and increase the yield.
- The yield from demonstration farm goes directly to local farmers involved in the work on farm. About 10% of profit is to support the activities of community center.
- The construction of the brick factory was done by volunteers of the village community.
- The small brick factory has an interlocking brick machine to compress the soil. The site provides shade for the bricks, drying space as well as storage space.
- We hire the compress machine to the local people for producing their bricks. The income from bricks is shared by the workers and Niaver CBO for current projects ( 10% of profit)
Niaver Community Based Organization PO Box 4395 Kitale, Kenya
+254 721 106 810
+420 603 110 813