INCREASING MALARIA PROTECTION
- We encourage using mosquito nets and distribute nets to unprivileged families.
- We train local women to raise awareness in malaria prevention.
- Community representatives are tasked to keep emergency malaria medication to treat children in early stages of the disease.
PROVIDING BASIC HEALTH CARE
- We provide medication and sponsor treatment to children and elders who suffer from malaria, jiggers, tuberculosis, ring worms, dysentery, cholera.
- We introduced the treatment of jiggers worms with magadi soda.
- We build boreholes to increase access to better quality water, improve overall hygiene and reduce water borne diseases. In past the construction of boreholes was supported by COCO organization.
- Each of the water boreholes serves up to 50 families.
BUILDING COMPOSTING TOILETS
- We build composting toilets to increase hygiene awareness among local population.
- The community has been involved in the construction and taught to build the toilet from local resources.
- We encourage composting as a way to produce manure for farming.
Niaver Community Based Organization PO Box 4395 Kitale, Kenya
+254 721 106 810
+420 603 110 813