TRAINING IN ORGANIC FARMING
- We train local women in sustainable organic farming based on locally grown crops.
- We promote organic farming based on chemical-free fertilizers, composting methods, mixed planting, diversification of crops, natural control of insects and diseases, soil conservation, sustainability of production and use of organic seeds.
- We educate local women on soil fertility, protection of natural resources, biodiversity, seed saving.
- Since 2016 we have trained almost 250 local women in sustainable organic farming with help of COCO Charity.
COMMUNITY LOCAL SEED BANK
- We motivate the community to use organic seeds and reuse the seeds taken from their best crops.
- We develop our community seed bank that will grow from our organic demonstration garden.
- We encourage seed-saving as way of developing commercial independence from chemically produced seeds.
- We implement new farming methods to enhance sustainable habitat.
- We introduce multi-purpose plants, integration of animals in family gardening, seeds saving, agroforestry, bee-keeping.
- We design fish ponds combined with poultry farming system built on the top.
EXPERIMENTING WITH AQUA-CULTURE
- The fishing ponds bring positive impact on the community and the environment
- The pond provides villagers with fish that serve as a sustainable source of nutrition and additional income.
- We teach children to plant trees and take care of them.
- We primarily plant fruit trees like avocado, passion fruit, tomato fruit or banana.