SUPPORTING SCHOOL UNIFORMS
- We provide school uniforms to children from unprivileged families while parents participate in covering the costs for tailoring.
- We engage local women as tailors to make the uniforms.
- According to Kenyan law, children without school uniform are banned from attending schools, therefore many children stay home or work as labor. Since 2016 we have supported more than 200 children.
EDUCATING LOCAL YOUTH
- We organize informal educational seminars and discussions that cover topics related to family-planning, sex life, HIV awareness hygiene, child care.
- We encourage open dialog between young men and women including topics of forced marriages, domestic violence, polygamy, gender inequality and HIV risk.
- We organize regular football matches that contribute to build healthy and happy community.
LEISURE TIME ACTIVITIES WITH CHILDREN
- We organize various activities for local kids such as tree and vegetable planting, music and art activities, games, homework assistance, informal education, English classes, football
- We organize after school meetings in our community center where the children can come to make homework.